Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive and Canadian developer Kerberos Productions announced today the release of a new Enhanced Demo version of their groundbreaking 4x space PC strategy game "Sword of the Stars".
Raymond Snippe, Development Manager at Lighthouse said: “We have been overwhelmed with the response that Sword of the Stars has been receiving since its release several weeks ago. The team has continued implementing some improvements and enhancements to the overall game and we have already issued a major patch that addressed some of the fan feedback.” He went on to say: “We felt it was important to let interested gamers in on the improved experience by incorporating the changes into a new demo release. While the basics of the demo have stayed the same, the changes have made a world of difference. You gotta try it.”
Following the English retail version, this enhanced demo has been updated to the latest 1.1.1 version of the full game and holds a number of fixes and updates compared to the previous demo that was released in July 2006. The enhanced demo contains a.o. the following improvements:
• Tactical GUI enhancements to make command and control of ships and targeting of enemies easier for new players.
• Additional feedback and more automatic navigation in Strategy screens.
• Improved multiplayer lobby features - making it easier to find and join games.
• New player avatars and player configurable “hot keys” and more game play options.
• Addressed several compatibility and networking issues for smoother gameplay.
The enhanced Sword of the Stars Demo weighs about 230 MB and is available from one of the mirrors on our product page.